Monday, May 7, 2012

Amazing Day!

Wow! I am exhausted after yesterday! I had a fabulous time gathering my goodies! I hope you got lots of great stuff too....:0)

It was a truly awe-inspiring event that I am honored to have been a part of. My little ol blog here got 18,000 pageviews! Isn't that amazing?! It goes to show both the power of the Internet and the power of terrific teachers! I am so grateful to be a member of this teacher blogging world! :0)

I did want to share a quick little game that I pulled out of thin air..... it may give you a little twist to a pretty common activity.
First of all anytime I am going to have the kiddos use dry erase boards - it's important to allow them time to just draw or write. This gives them the freedom to do what they want to do and be able to focus when I need them to.


I decide on a secret word and write it on my dry erase board, but I don't show the kids. Then I call out a letter of the alphabet. The kids look on the word wall and write one of the word wall words that begin with that letter. 
Then, I reveal my secret word. If they wrote the same word I have - they give themselves a tally mark. If not, they don't get a tally mark. SO simple, yet a great word wall activity and the kids LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!






No comments:

Post a Comment