Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Got Playdoh?? _ Freebie!

Well, we are now into week 2 and I'm still going.....perhaps not strong, but I'm definitely still going.... Hey, I call that a success!

I now have the following centers/workstations up and going strong:
 *Sandtable
 *Blocks
 *Home
 * Puzzles (beginning of Retelling center)
 *Promethean Board

We are working our way up to 9 or 10 center/workstations (including ABC, Retelling, Word Study, Writing, PocketChart, Listening, Library, etc.).

I have begun using my Center chart just today. Kids are grouped in pairs of 2. They either get to go to a stationary "center" or they are doing a "table center". (Table centers is how I teach the routine of centers and their procedures). We are slowly working our way toward the stationary centers and away from the table centers. Hey - it's week 2 in kinder - not bad!

I am now prepping the kiddos in anticipation of opening the next center/workstation: ABC. We have been reading a few ABC books (ABC Danny is our favorite - he is such a silly dog)..... These will be some of the first things in our ABC center. We also began using ABC Playdoh mats that I made.


Real simple activity to reinforce letter identification PLUS needed fine motor work as well. 
Here are some snapshots from my classroom today:


I love my new ABC Playdoh mats - the text is sooooo easy to use with playdoh and they have bright, colored picture cues to match. I put mine inside sheet protectors, but you could also laminate them to protect them from the playdoh. I just find sheet protectors nice and easy!

I hope you find this FREEBIE useful!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment