Sunday, September 16, 2012

Got Playdoh?

I just LOVE playdoh -- ok so maybe it's the kindergarten teacher in me....but I do love it...

It's so motivating early in the year. And, it provides some of the best fine motor exercise available. A couple weeks ago I shared a freebie with you for working on letter id. Click HERE if you didn't get it....


These are perfect because kids love using playdoh, they are hyper-focused on those letters as they form each with playdoh, and simply manipulating the playdoh helps develop the fine motor control they will need later in writing. It's such a super simple activity, yet highly effective!

My kids literally grieve each year when I put the playdoh away after we have a good grip on our letters. So, I decided to incorporate using playdoh in math tubs and in my word study center. Here are a couple other packs I've made for playdoh:

The sight word playdoh mats are using 
Dolch words Pre-Primer, Primer, and First Grade Words.



I'm also having a 20% off sale TODAY!!! It ends tonight at midnight! 




No comments:

Post a Comment