Monday, December 17, 2012

2012 Behavior Log

One piece of documentation I HATE keeping track of as a teacher is student behavior. It's a time-consuming daily routine that I'd personally rather not deal with. I mean....I got kids to teach. I know parents like knowing how their child behaved at school and I totally appreciate that...and I want my parents to know. (Of course it seems like the parents that actually check the behavior log nightly are the same ones whose children behave and the other ones have never even seen a behavior log (rolling my eyes).....SketchBook Mobile Apk

I use a pretty standard clip chart that I first learned about from Clutterfree Classrooms HERE a couple years ago. 
I LOVE it -- it really motivates those kiddos that are constantly doing the right thing just as much as those that don't. 

Basically, kids start each day on green "Ready to Learn" and if they end the day there - Great!! But, wait for the magical part..... Kids can clip up or "climb the colors" as I call it by going above and beyond what is expected. If a child cleans up extra well or is following directions when others aren't, or any other reason -- just having a great day - - you can have him/her "climb the colors"! :0) It is super simple and that is the beauty with the system! It's easy for the kids to understand, easy to use, and self-motivating!

Like I said - I've used it for a couple years now - and I'm sold -- LOVE IT!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
So, right before school began I was searching for a simple, yet cute behavior sheet (yes it's the kinder teacher in me that craves cute-ness). My friend Michelle from Apples and ABC's was just the sweetest and gave me her A-Dor-Able behavior sheet. It is a weekly behavior sheet that I tweaked just to fit my own classroom better. I threw in some cute alligators and added a parent explanation on back. Thanks Michelle!!




Here is my behavior sheet that is working perfectly for me this year....it's a combination of what Michelle shared with me and my own twist. :0) 

                                                CLICK HERE TO GRAB!
I love this behavior sheet because my students actually do their own behavior sheet (with lots of modeling and supervision near the beginning:0) The only time I have to do anything with the behavior sheet is when a child falls below green. Then I accompany it with a note to mom and dad. I love how it helps teach responsibility of completing the sheet AND helps children take ownership for their behavior. They feel so good when they "climb the colors"!


QUESTION: What kind of behavior log do you send home to parents?

No comments:

Post a Comment