Saturday, February 23, 2013

2013 update Crafty Classroom Name Sign

Ok so I am going to totally give a disclaimer here.... I am quite possibly the least crafty kindergarten teacher on the face on the Earth. I don't really get heavily into decorating my classroom with themes and such (although it is still super cute). I mean...I'm a busy teacher and mother of 6.

However, I have always wanted a cute sign to hang outside my classroom, but didn't want to spend a ton of money for it. So, I took a quick trip to Michaels Craft store and found exactly what I needed to throw this super cute name sign together with my 11 year old daughter.....


So, I'm thinking -- not too bad and it was REALLY easy and quick too!
What you need:
a wood board - mine is about 18 inches long
decorative paper (any design you like)
boa
letters for your name, grade, 
or whatever else you want on your sign


How to Make it:
1. I chose to use a textured pink paper to cover the board. I had to glue 2 pieces of the pink decorative paper together to cover the board. I then traced around the board and cut it out.

2. See, now the pink paper is the same size and shape as the board itself. This is soooo much easier and nicer looking than trying to paint the board. It's also cheaper....I like cheaper! :0) I just hot glued the decorative paper to the board.




3. After I placed the the pink decorative paper on the board, I created a zebra print border using the same kind of decorative, textured paper. Hot glue works wonders! I just used my scissors to cut the border into a scallop design. 

4. Then I hot glued a pretty pink boa around the outer edge.

5. I used little letters (about 2 in) to spell out my name. And voila!! It's done.


Seriously, this little project took me about 10 minutes from start to finish... not too painful and I can't wait to hang it next to my door! :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment