Saturday, February 23, 2013

2013 update Guest Post - Sarah from Teaching is Colorful

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah from Teaching is Colorful and I am so excited to be a guest blogger on Kindergarten Lifestyle! First, a few tidbits about myself...I graduated last May and accepted a job at a charter school as a title 1 math teacher last year. I loved it, don't get me wrong, but there were a few issues (office being directly underneath gym as 1) and when I was told in April, my job was cut, I was nervous, but excited for what opportunity might be next! Well it opened up a wonderful new chapter that I will soon be starting in Asheboro, North Carolina! I'll be co-teaching a first grade classroom (my absolute favorite grade!) and I am very excited (and nervous) to be moving down in just a few short weeks!
With that being said, I've been busy creating games and activities for my little firsties! :) My future school is big on the balanced literacy program and while we are doing Guided Reading, students will be busy with centers and independent learning activities. I wanted to share one I made with you today! 
I'm sure most of you have heard of the book LMNO Peas by Keith Baker. I just love it and it is so cute for K-1 when they are learning their letters. 
My freebie to you is this center you can use in small groups in conjunction with the book. Cut and laminate the circles and students match the letters to the beginning sounds of the pictures. :)
Click on the pic to get your free copy! Thanks so much for reading and come check me out at Teaching is Colorful! Have a wonderful summer!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment