Saturday, August 18, 2012

You Know It's Back to School Time When.....

It's a Pinterest Linky party!!

                                                   How would you finish this sentence?

Back to school time is my favorite holiday of the year! The smell of new crayons and the squeak of brand-new shoes! I love getting back to school (even if it is really hard to leave summer behind).....One of the best things about teaching is we get a fresh start each and every year! And one of the reasons I love kindergarten specifically is because it's like starting school for the very first time every August! Love it!

Along with the new year comes lots of commonalities ....some good, some bad, some in between......


I love Meet the Teacher night - seeing all those precious little kiddos I will spend the next year with.....It's amazing how parents always seem to make it to Meet the Teacher (perhaps the only time you'll get to see them). They are smiling ear to ear......why??? Yeah, that's because they realize it's your turn to do what they've done all summer"....kind of like - the jokes on the teacher now!



I've spent the last week in my classroom preparing....you know the drilll. Isn't it funny how teachers beat down the door to get into their classrooms to get busy yet by the first week of school we feel like we need another vacation? That isn't just me, is it?
I admit - every year I can't wait to get into my classroom - I spend a full 2 weeks getting ready...I LOVE being in there right up until.......inservice week. You know what I'm talking about! The week where you sit and listen to the same old speech about the same old things until your behind is dumb and you are scared you're going to fall asleep in the middle of "staff development". It's soooo hard going back to work after being off 2 1/2 months.....I come home and sit down - and I am down for the count! There are nights in which I don't even make it to 7p.m.


We all have associations with Back to School........
So what's yours???

You Know It's Back to School When............

I'd love for you to add your own here.
HOW: grab the graphic at the top of my post. Save it and open in Word or Powerpoint. Then insert a text box and write how you would finish it.... then save as a jpeg!...... Do you own brief post on your blog.

Then, link up here! I will also create a Pinterest board where I like to store them. I would be happy to include you on the board as well. If you like, after you link up - leave your pinterest id below in the comments and I will add you to the colloborative You Know board :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment